December 21, 2003
I've been to my new office. For those of you who have not been updated by me personally or those slightly more amnesia-prone ones, my new office's at OUB centre.
It's quite neat. I sit outside my direct boss's office, opposite a fellow PA, inside a segregated compartment of the whole office space. My boss's office has a little sofa set and large windows. And from the level where I work, the view out there is quite splendid. Boat Quay, Swissotel Stamford, Singapore River, Esplanade, all the bridges around the area (can't really name those bridges eh..). But as I told some friends of mine, rarity is beautiful. Too much of splendour can make one forget to appreciate the very beauty of it.
I commence work on Monday, which is tomorrow. A new phase, new stage, new beginnings. Just few days before Christmas. I think that's lovely.
In more ways than one, I've rested enough, had enough of free(d) days, partied quite ('quite' cos there's never enough of partying in life) enough, and definitely read more novels than I ever had in a year. The past 2 weeks or so had made so restless that I realised an urgent need to start focusing my energy and mind to something. On the other hand, it's made me so lethargic that I realised I better snap out of my too-relaxed lifestyle, lest I lose my zeal for life.
So, yes, I'm mentally prepared to embark on this new stage of my life now. No complaints. = ) N of course not forgetting the cruel fact that my funds are really evaporating, kudos to things like the LOTR Books Box set (ho ho ho, i'm my best Santa), some late night la-kopi sessions, Jap food, a few new working apparel, new stock of facial maintenance regime... Argh!!!
But physically, I may have some problem waking up by 7.30am every morning, which means I've to hit the sheets by 12am every night, just so I've enough (beauty) sleep. heh...
But okay... that's all for now. Cos there's another work that's commencing in 45 minutes time. It's really tough work, this one is. To handle 2 little monkeys who I sometimes refer to as my tutees. Arghhhh... My patience with them not only amazes their mother, it amazes myself too! *clapsss.. hehe
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 13:18